Tuesday, December 21, 2010

nüvi® 255W

Regularly $169.99, on sale at Best Buy for $79.99. I could not pass it up. I unpackaged the device once I got into my car on the Best Buy parking lot. I set my home address for directions and enjoyed my GPS navigator's performance.

Son James loaned us his Garmin for our summer vacation and I have wanted one since. However, I needed the price to come down. I saw the sale price online and hoped they would not have all been snatched up as I drove to my destination.

New York Grill is on Ontario Mills Road. Shirley and I have gift certificates for that place and we plan to do a Christmas dinner there. Now we will get turn-by-turn voice directions and a very nice map graphic to lead us.

I still cannot believe my $90 saving

5 comments:

  1. Well done on the savingss.

    Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. S[in] — Same Merry Christmas wish for you and yours.

    I imagine the Nuvi prices will go back up after Christmas. I downloaded the maps update yesterday to my device. If there are further updates within the 60 days after my Garmin registration they will be free as well.

    I have to check out the one-time charge for their life-time map update plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GADJET!!!!!!! You are a gadjet junkie!!!!


    J.


    PS. Seriously, I got my dad a GPS and he loves it. Merry Christmas. But you're still a gadget junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HoosierGirl — Yes, I confess to being a gadget junkie. I love such toys.

    And am sure that your Dad loves his GPS device. Tonight I had ended up on a road that I was not sure where exactly it lead. So I fired up my Garmin and selected "Go Home." Imagine my surprise to learn I was only 2 miles from where I needed to turn East to get to my street that was another 2 miles away.

    This immediately relieved my stress and so nicely provided the directions I needed. GPS navigation is totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just like to pick on you. A GPS is one of the few gadgets that I think are really helpful.

    You know I love you!
    J.

    ReplyDelete