Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Unwanted Phone Calls

TeleZapper II


Digitone 10

Combining a couple technologies to quiet ringing phones has been a blessing in our home. 

The TeleZapper was especially affective until the automated dialers were programmed to ignore the answer tones emitted on not-in-service lines. The TeleZapper still works for some calls. (Ours is plugged into to a separate phone jack with simple landline phone attached.)

Researching call-blocking technologies brought me to the Digitone 10. Its description seemed to present a device that provided needed relief from unwanted calls.

I soon had the combined services of the two devices. I posted a review on Amazon. That was some time ago. Recently I got an e-mail from someone wanting to know if the TeleZapper and Digitone were still working OK for me.

After answering in the affirmative I mentioned how I tracked blocked numbers and how I added to or deleted numbers from the Digitone Call Block list.

I can block an entire area code and still "Invite" numbers to ring through. An "After Hours" mode recognizes a time period that is programmed to accept no calls. An exception is any number I have placed on my "VIP List."

Our Digitone resides between its own landline phone jack cable and our Panasonic cordless phone base.

Lots of choices/options for control. Well designed programming methods that should fit the needs of most users.

No comments:

Post a Comment