Saturday, May 25, 2013

Burr Mill Coffee Grinder

Here is the Mr. Coffee Burr Mill coffee grinder. It replaces my Cuisinart which gave me about 6 years of dependable service.

There are two types of coffee grinders: burr and blade. The burr mill gives a uniform grind of the beans which provides more aroma and flavor than beans ground by the blade method.

The $40 price tag seemed reasonable (about ten dollars less than getting a Cuisinart locally). Internet purchase of the Mr. Coffee brand is around $35; however, once shipping and handling get added it does not make sense to go that route. I picked mine up at Target and was back home rather quickly to brew my morning cuppa.

While the grinder is an important part of the equation, due diligence must be given to bean selection. Arabica beans make the best tasting coffees (according to experts). Beyond that it is a matter of taste. I like Sumatran as well as a Uzuri African blend. I sometimes experiment with other beans.

Do you grind the beans for your coffee brewing?

No comments:

Post a Comment