Thursday, December 19, 2013

Annoying Phone Calls

GONE!

Offshore telemarketers need not worry about the provisions of the National Do Not Call List because they cannot be prosecuted for calling us. We have had our phone number for nearly six years and still get calls for the person who had our number prior to us. Either some law firm or a collection agency asks for an individual whom we explain is not at our number. SIX YEARS!

With only Caller ID we must check the display to decide whether or not to answer a caller. It does not take long to tire of the call interruptions of a ringing telephone. Ignoring a call might result in a voicemail message that will get deleted as well. Soon enough we feel that we are tethered to our phones.

A couple years ago we discovered the Digitone Call Blocker. wOw… did it ever deliver on its promise to block unwanted calls. Even the testimonials from users of the device were strongly positive. Within a few days of using our Digitone we understood the supportive praise it received.
Now… in January the new Digitone Call Blocker Plus will be available. Beyond having a larger block list it offers some new features that make the upgrade purchase worthwhile. We will now block the undesirable exchange within an area code, allowing other exchanges in that area code to ring through. Name ID blocking will be excellent for entities that use multiple numbers for the same name ID. A few other new features will make the "Plus" model a desirable item.

When the new model becomes available for shipping in January we will receive an e-mail from the manufacturer. I suspect that there will be initially a high demand that could create back-orders. Nonetheless, the Digitone Call Blocker Plus will be worth waiting for.

6 comments:

  1. The Peace & Quiet of My Phone Never Ringing

    I have recently bypassed a factory preset on my Digitone device by shutting down the "global invite" feature. This simple action blocks ALL incoming calls except for numbers I have entered into my VIP list (a set of thirty different numbers).

    My youngest son, who calls me daily, is on that list. Everyone else rarely calls me on my landline. I have a virtually quiet landline phone. I prefer my wired phone for outgoing calls, not incoming.

    The Digitone Call Blocker offers several different approaches to managing unwanted calls. This company has moved back the date for their "Plus" model to February. Download the User Manual to read up on features and use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As well, the "Invited" list accommodates another 30 numbers. I have ten numbers on it and those ring through. I will never have twenty more numbers to add to it.

    So, I am having second thoughts about upgrading to the "Plus" model. Of course, I could get the new unit and give my current device to my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "Plus" model was originally to have been available in January. Next, it was pushed back to a February availability. Now the Digitone site shows March as the month. Had the "Plus" been up for grabs in January I would own it by now. However, the long delay has provided an opportunity to change settings and get really great results.
    .
    There is no doubt in my mind that my original Digitone needs no replacement. Yet, I told my sister I would get the "Plus" and send to her my current device. I feel certain she will like it.
    .
    Because I am a 'gadget freak' I will enter the numbers and area codes I wish to block, using my new "Plus", returning to my original method of blocking unwanted calls. I have the time to do it and the interest is there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Digitone has competitors whose devices, IMO, do not fully match up. A unit that offers a larger list for blocking might not display a caller's name, only the number. Digitone provides more ways to manage incoming calls than competing units.
    .
    The competition has grown slightly over the past year. One can research these other blockers. Among them are T-Lock, Pro, CPR, TeleBouncer, and CID brands.
    .
    Where a user guide was available to look at it became clear that Digitone's is well-written and easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. According to the Digitone peeps their new Pro model will go on sale on April 28, 2014. Because I am the consummate gadget freak I will enjoy playing with its new features.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The above-mentioned "cell phone detector" is nothing like the Digitone Call Blocker. Go to " http://www.cellbusters.com/zone-detector-the-ultimate-in-cell-phone-detection/ " if you wish to check it out. Any venue that deems cell phone use to be undesirable can track cell phone presence with the detector.

    ReplyDelete