Thursday, December 13, 2018

WaterBoss is King

A new water softening unit has joined my household. My brother Craig installed a WaterBoss in his home about one month ago. As he explained its superior function in comparison to its competition, the WaterBoss seemed like a stand-up item.



We can see the small footprint the unit makes as it stands almost three feet tall. It weighs around 100 pounds. (This is Craig's unit as it sits next to his clothes dryer.)

Craig asked me if I had ever considered having a water softener. I explained that I had no place to put a water softening unit (being in a manufactured home). He jokingly said, "Put it in your bedroom."

That got the cerebral neurons firing. I looked in my closet, knowing I did not use my closet to full capacity. It seemed quite possible that a WaterBoss would work there.



So, yesterday my new WaterBoss was available for pickup at Home Depot. John  installed it this morning and I now have soft water.

John routed my incoming water through my closet. He replaced my line from the meter with copper pipe, stepping up from 1/2" to 3/4". He added shut-off routing in the closet setup.

Nicer feeling skin and hair after a shower. Using less laundry detergent per load, and having laundered items get an extended life due to softened water.

Toilets stay cleaner. Dish washer performs better. I am happier.

The WaterBoss models cost [considerably] less than comparable competition models.

My hands feel really good when I wash them in softened water. This has lead to washing my hands more often. Once the novelty wears off, the more frequent washing will be habit.

 I will discuss my leak in Comments:

1 comment:

  1. It had to happen. My brother has had his WaterBoss for more than a month without any problems. His water softener unit performs great.

    I was reviewing my controller settings and noticed a couple large puddles had formed. It took a few days to discover its source. Under the controller is a black plastic piece from wheree water was very slowly dripping.

    My replacement unit will arrive by January 10, 2019. After a simple and quick switch-out I will take the original unit to Home Depot for a warranty return credit.

    ReplyDelete