Sunday, September 26, 2010

PUR® 3 Stage Horizontal Mount Faucet Water Filter

Provides up to 100 gallons of clean water with the flick of switch…



  • Built-in Electronic Filter Life Indicator simplifies filter replacement.
  • Each PUR filter provides up to 100 gallons of clean water, and the built-in indicator flashes green (go), yellow (close to change time) or red (change filter) so you'll always know when it's time for a replacement filter.

The filters cost around $8 each. We can buy distilled water in 2.5 gallons containers. The cost is $1.12 per gallon. However, to get one-hundred gallons from a filter comes to 8.3¢ per gallon.

I am on my second cup of coffee with this filtered water without wishing I was back to distilled from the container. How long between filter changes? The label claims it would be around three months of filter service. That, of course, is an estimate based on average use. Yet, it does not matter because one-hundred gallons is one-hundred gallons. The choice for savings is a no-brainer.

2 comments:

  1. Another gadget! Admit it, you're hopeless! LOL!

    Love ya!
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gadget freak that I am, I must say that my choice of filtration method was not hasty. I had been considering breaking away from the costlier 2.5 gallon containers of distilled water for about a year.

    Deionized water is truly pure H2O. Colorless, odorless, tasteless. Again, pure. Each week the cost was between $5.60 and $7.84 (five to seven gallons).

    Now my filtered water expense will be between 42¢ and 58¢ weekly. And the water 'tastes' good.

    OK… so it is a nice new toy for me. Yet, the budget benefits from my choice. Colour me happy and hydrated.

    ReplyDelete