Monday, November 15, 2010

Ready To Roll

I am not counting the days. The date is too close. On December 7th I sign my retirement papers. My retirement date is January 1, 2011, a Saturday.

Along with my papers I have the certified copies of Shirley's and my marriage certificate and each of our birth certificates.

There are 'loose ends' to tie up before leaving my job. Data management using FileMaker Pro for various information solutions within my department will be taken over by our Assistant Director of Respiratory Care. There are other duties that I perform which must be continued by others.

As the Chair of ARMC's Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) Taskforce there are responsibilities that will fall back on our institution's Safety Officer. The data management solution for IIPP is being transferred to our IM department. They will export our data that had been managed using FileMaker Pro to MS-SQL.

So that is pretty much why I am not counting the days. All my time is being spent getting ready to hand everything over to others. January 1st will be here before we know it. YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment