Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Frontal Cortex — Jonah Lehrer's Science bLog in Wired Magazine

    Why Making Dinner Is a Good Idea

    Jonah Lehrer, neuroscientist and author of How We Decide, contributes an interesting bLog in the Science section of Wired magazine. (BTW, How We Decide  is well-written and extremely informative.) In his bLog Jonah claims we are likely to be entirely sated by smaller portions of a meal we prepare versus that same meal made by someone else. Interesting facts are introduced in an effort to explain why the U.S. has a growing [pun intended] obesity problem.

Simply click on this post's title to get to Jonah's bLog post.

2 comments:

  1. So, what have YOU cooked lately? How's the weather out in CA?

    I broke away from my "farming" to post on my blog and visit a few of my favorites (like yours)

    Hugs!
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First… the weather here. Our daytime temps have been in the 70s, nights… in the 40s. Clear days with very few clouds.

    I recently made my crock-pot chili using pork rather than ground beef. I purchased country-style pork ribs and rubbed them with ground cumin. Then I cut them into bite-size pieces, and placed them into the crock pot.

    I added all the other ingredients and started a ten-hour slow-cook. John said it was the best chili I ever made.

    With chicken in the crock pot I use boneless, skinless thighs. They get rubbed with a ground herbs and garlic. Chopped celery and diced red potatoes go into the pot for a tasty dinner-time meal. Steamed spinach or cauliflower with melted butter drizzled over is a great addition.

    Nice to see your latest bLog post at "The Coffee Table."

    Have a terrific holiday season. Lotsa hugs too…

    -David

    ReplyDelete