Saturday, January 08, 2011

The GPS Device Mount

 The GPS Bird
  The GPS Receiver
 The GPS Device Vent Mount
At least three satellites are needed to triangulate the receiver's position on the ground. The software in Garmin's Nuvi relates the positioning coordinates to its installed map set.

In California it is not legal to attach a GPS device to one's windshield. A suction cup mounting attaches to windshield glass or a metal disk that adheres to the dashboard. For less than ten dollars we went with a vent mount that ensures good viewing of the Nuvi and using the device legally.

GPS navigation is a wonderful technology. On two occasions I recently got directions to a destination that I would have otherwise needed MapQuest or Google Maps to provide prior to my beginning my trip. In one instance I was already in another community and my Garmin eliminated any stress about the best way for me to proceed.

Yes, I am a gadget freak; yet, its initial cost makes my Nuvi one of my best purchases of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment