Sunday, December 23, 2012

Mr. Coffee Won The Decision

The Rival Coffee Maker was lacking in one important area. The brewing temperature was too low. The ideal water temperature is 195°–205°F, since water is a better solvent at near-boiling [212°F] temperature. I never tested the Rival's coffee temperature.

The Rival appliance produced a coffee that was at the high end of the "warm" scale. Certainly not sufficient to bring out the full flavor of my freshly ground coffee beans.

After returning the Rival I ended up with a Mr. Coffee brand. The final brew was sufficiently hot and tasty. My second cup was nice and hot as well. This reflects the good performance of the hot plate. I readily consume my initial cup and get to the next within a short period of time.

Coffee "cooks" as it rests on the hot plate. I got to my second cup within sufficient time before the flavor had deteriorated.

The Mr. Coffee brand appears to be a good one. And the price was right: just under $20 after sales tax.

No comments:

Post a Comment