Monday, July 22, 2013

SunTek Carbon XP Film

On the back door windows and rear window is the darkest tint, generally referred to as "Limo." SunTek Carbon XP film is the superior tint that reflects around 50% of solar radiation. The cheaper films do not have such capability.

In California the front door windows, by law, must allow more than 70% of light pass through. The film with that lighter tint also has the solar heat reflection; however, the majority of California vehicles with tint have a darker film on the front door windows. Law enforcement seems to look the other way on this issue.

I chose this darker tint for front doors, being told it was the most popular shade. One can still see occupants in the front seat during daylight.

My original tint was lighter and was the less expensive type, judging on how it failed to block solar. That would have been all right, except the rear window film started forming bubbles. Prior to the bubbling it was quite attractive. As well, the front driver-side film was splitting at the bottom of the window. (Ugly)

Had I opted for the economical tint my price would have been $160. By choosing the SunTek Carbon XP film my cost became $379. The rep behind the counter at Tint Factory demonstrated the difference in films using a heat lamp. The choice was a no-brainer to get the benefit of SunTek. Suddenly the price difference seemed worth the benefit difference.

Now I am pleased that I had decided to replace my window tint. Yes, the passenger compartment heats up in triple-digit temperatures; yet, the steering wheel does not become too hot to touch. Cool-down using the AC is now faster.

If you are in the market for automobile window tinting, be sure to check out SunTek Carbon XP film.

1 comment:

  1. I added a sunshade to my heat reflection armament. Placed at the windshield it reflects solar energy. It works up to a point. I had it in place for the morning period and eventually it seemed to add heat to the passenger compartment. When I removed the sunshade it was very warm to the touch.
    .
    Using the sunshade while I parked and did a short shopping errand was effective in reducing radiant solar heating. This is perfect.
    .
    I paid a higher price for the shade that is constructed of materials for reflective properties. Still, it was priced at around $10.

    ReplyDelete