Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mobile Deposit Glitchiness

Other banks were advertising mobile deposits long before Wells Fargo made its app available for my iPhone. I eagerly downloaded the free app; yet, hesitated with the next couple of checks. I worried that my deposited money might not be as readily available as a check deposited at the ATM.

So, finally, when I did use the app I photographed both front and back (properly endorsed) of a check and followed through with the deposit action.

Immediately a dialog box alerted me that a photo was not clear and that I should redo the mobile deposit process.

The images that I accepted after snapping each photo WERE clear on MY display, and the check image fit within the marked margins on screen.

I did not attempt to redo the process; instead, taking the check to my bank's ATM.

So, I have the mobile banking app on my iPhone. One of these days I will try it once again. Maybe after an app update is released and installed on my phone.

My son has an app from a different bank and uses mobile deposit routinely.

No comments:

Post a Comment