Sunday, September 13, 2015

NoMoRobo

The following is an e-mail I received:
-------------------------------------------
Today is a great day in the battle against robocalls. 

Yesterday, the FCC voted to officially allow carriers to offer robocall blocking services to their customers!

The message was loud and clear - it's your phone and you should be in control.

If you want more details, just do a search for "FCC robocalls" and you can read all the news stories about it. There was too much to put in this email.

And, this couldn't have happened without your help.

If you remember, back in January, I went down to Washington to show the FCC just how big this problem is.

I told them that over 35% of all of the calls that Nomorobo analyzes are blocked. (2.8 million robocalls were stopped last month, BTW.)

I told them about all of the emails that I get from people like you that are sick and tired of these calls and just want some peace and quiet.

I printed out all of the comments that you sent in (all 25,481 of them) and dropped them right on the FCC's doorstep. It weighed over 250 pounds!

It worked.

They listened.

Your voice was heard.

Nomorobo is now safe. It's not going anywhere. If anything, it should be available on more carriers in the upcoming months.

This is a really good day for consumers and a really bad day for robocallers.

So, now that I've taken a quick victory lap, I have to get back to the task at hand - protecting you from robocalls.

If you have any other questions or comments, just reply back to this email. I'm happy to chat.

- Aaron
-------------------------------------------
Here is how this works. My landline carrier is Time Warner Cable. One of my phone features is called "Answer Anywhere." I can designate up to five phone numbers where my incoming calls will ring when my number us dialed. I have the NoMoRobo service number listed on my "Answer Anywhere" list.

The NoMoRobo data base has thousands of known robo-call numbers, and when such a number comes up on their server's Caller ID aspect NoMoRobo's blocking occurs.

The number NoMoRobo blocked appears on my 'caller ID,' yet is not on my cordless phone system's caller list. I have made a list of numbers NoMoRobo has blocked so far. That list contains 30 phone numbers whereby those asshats cannot bother me.

Bottom line: If your landline phone service provides an "Answer Anywhere" feature then add NoMoRobo's service number to it.

Go to NoMoRobo at:  https://www.nomorobo.com or click here.

1 comment:

  1. Not a week goes by wherein NoMoRobo catches one or two callers that are in its database. NoMoRobo silences the first ring. They appear on my Caller ID list; however, never get through to ring my phone. My blocked number list keeps growing.

    And I enjoy the peace and quiet of a silent phone.

    When a call rings on my landline it is usually someone I wish to speak with.

    ReplyDelete