Friday, July 30, 2010

The Rogue

My Jawbone Bluetooth headset was providing poor connection to the party on the other side of conversation. It may have been time for a 90-minute charge. However, I did not consider that when Shirley and I shopped for a replacement.

The new Jawbone technology not only cancels noise, it dampens the effect of wind. So Shirley decided to upgrade her headset as well. Hers was falling apart, if you will. Our new Jawbone devices are getting the initial full 90-minute charge. Yet, the literature states that the headset is partially charged when purchased and ready for use right out of the box.

We did the linking to our phones, then began the charging session. I did dial the home phone and spoke briefly with Shirley. The connection seemed crisper, clearer on the new device.

5 comments:

  1. I installed an app on to my new Jawbone using Aliph's MyTalk website. Now I will, among other voice alerts, hear the caller ID information at the earpiece interface.

    Prior to this I would have my phone on vibrate and only have audible ringing over the headset. It will be nice to 'hear' who is calling.

    While not on a call, tapping the talk button once will give me voice information as to remaining battery before charging is required.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Shirley - you only spoke with her "briefly"!!
    I think you should call her back and have a full conversation!!! (hee, hee)

    BTW, Happy Birthday California dude!!!

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the 'Happy Birthday' wish, HoosierGirl. I called Shirley twice this morning at her work.

    I have spoken to my sister Susan and brother Craig, both in Ohio. Craig claims that my new Jawbone provides a better signal strength. He said he could hear me better, mentioning that that was not necessarily a good thing.

    I like hearing the number recited when Caller ID activates. In the past, with the first device, I had to look at the phone display when my earpiece gave the ring tone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very welcome. I hope you have a great birthday, complete with presents and your favorite foods!

    Love ya!
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. I want a Kindle e-reader; however, I do not think that is going to happen. The troops should be here for dinner in the next twenty-five minutes.

    ReplyDelete