Saturday, February 26, 2011

Gas Pains Return


Locally the Chevron where I fuel up is charging $3.69 per gallon. The Union 76 here is up to $3.95. Last evening Jay Lenno claimed he paid $4.50 per gallon in Los Angeles.

We folks will be paying $5 before long. California gasoline runs a bit higher than our country's average due to required additives.

Now is the time to cut back on trips and plan errands to combine them in a single outing. This will mean not running out when I go to the refrigerator for something, find it gone, and immediately want to dash to the store.  And it is definitely time to not rush when using the freeway. I had ended my 60 mph speeds, opting to do 65 most of the time. Occasionally I would rush and hit 70 mph.

Hopefully everyone (or mostly everyone) will now begin to slow down on the Interstate highways. Last time we were paying high dollar at the pump there were always fewer automobiles on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment