Friday, February 04, 2011

Mom Killed Crying Baby For Interrupting Facebook Game



A 22-year-old woman who pleaded guilty to shaking her baby to death for crying while she was playing [Farmville] on Facebook is going to prison for a long time.

Alexandra V. Tobias was sentenced to 50 years in prison Tuesday afternoon -- the maximum penalty on the second-degree murder charge.

Tobias was arrested after her 3-month-old son, Dylan Lee Edmondson, died last January.

Prosecutors said Tobias admitted to becoming angry because the baby would not stop crying while she was playing Farmville on Facebook.

"I am trying to say this is not a plea about pity. I'm asking for mercy," Tobias told the judge before he sentenced her.

"I realize I do deserve consequences, but the death of my son is a life sentence in itself. So could you please consider that I am still young and I have ambitions, potential, hopes and dreams."

Of course, her son will never grow to have ambitions, hopes, and dreams. He will never accomplish anything based on his potential. Selfish is as selfish does. She will not be treated nicely by fellow inmates.

2 comments: