Saturday, December 03, 2011

Joining The Home WiFi Network

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

A new HP printer has joined our home WiFi network. The set-up was simple and straightforward. With the old printer there was a "sharing" setting that allowed Shirley to send a print job from her laptop. However, she had to ensure the printer had been turned on manually.


Presently the printer is in a stand-by mode that allows it to spring into action when a device on the network sends its print request. Son John downloaded the Windows version of the new printer driver to his PC, thus joining the WiFi network for his printing needs. (He already had been networked for Internet browsing.)


And my iPad 2 now finds the printer when I wish to print something from the iPad. How cool is that?


Yes… ours is a secure, password-protected, wireless network. Yet, we have expanded the network's function, thus providing great convenience.


I enjoy living at a time of phenomenal technology growth. In mid-year 2012 I will upgrade to an iPhone (something I have successfully resisted up to now). I want to experience Siri's helpful capabilities. By then Siri may have been through a significant upgrade.


I am spoiled. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment