Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Advanced TeleZapper

The original TeleZapper model emitted only one tone that signaled automated dialers to drop the called number from its list. It was highly effective until the marketers updated their dialers to require the triple-tone signal for disconnected numbers.


A seller at e-bay is offering a used TeleZapper II (that emits the triple-tone) where my $15 bid is currently the highest. It can be found for around $35 at various places online; however, if I can get it for twenty dollars or less with the "free shipping" offer I will be satisfied.


The original single-tone model is currently serving our phone line. The Digitone Call Blocker also serves our land line system. Still, when we answer a telemarketer that has not yet been blocked the TeleZapper might perform its magic at that moment.


Our phones are much quieter now since using the Digitone device. Any further degree of telephone silence is our goal. We do not mind the sound of a ringing phone when it is someone we are willing to speak with.

1 comment:

  1. I had the winning bid at $18. The seller has high ratings among past customers. The item is ready for shipment now that I have made payment. By this time next week I expect to have this second edition TeleZapper serving my phone line.

    ReplyDelete