Thursday, October 27, 2011

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

click image to enlarge

Truth is, now that I am retired it would be quite interesting to sit on a jury for a trial. For me, the most interesting would be a murder trial. The initial jury selection process would be part of the 'fun'.

However, I take medications that sometimes require my immediate use of the bathroom. This urgent need cannot be put off. So, halting a trial proceeding to make a facility visit would be quite disruptive in the courtroom.

Because I am 70 years [young] I do not need a letter from my doctor if I wish to be excused from jury service for medical reasons. I need only sign a release of my medical records in the event the jury administration should wish to review them. In my excusal request I explained my situation, of course.

That request was mailed one week ago and here I am with the "permanent jury service excuse" in today's mail. With mixed emotions I bid adieu to the jury administration.

Have you served on a jury? Was it interesting for you? Would you like to do it again? Or, do you dislike receiving a jury summons?

No comments:

Post a Comment